Different plating Monti growing over each other

  • Thread starter Thread starter becks
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

becks

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2016
Messages
815
Reaction score
547
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a purple plating montipora starting to grow over a red/orange plate. Should I leave it or cut it back? Is it ok if they touch?

Apologies for the terrible photo colour

IMG_4140.JPG
 
They can touch without killing each other. The faster growing one will just grow over the slower one. There's also a small chance you could get some grafting and they will start to grow together.
 
It depends on which one you like the best, they will over grow each other, typically.
 
It depends on which one you like the best, they will over grow each other, typically.

The purple one :) thanks I'll leave and watch it for now. I don't mind them growing over each other, just as longs they don't sting each other.
 
The purple one :) thanks I'll leave and watch it for now. I don't mind them growing over each other, just as longs they don't sting each other.
Monti's aren't too stingy. Chalices however....
 
It would be interesting to see if they graft together :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new