Diffuse lighting around tank

bfazio1030

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any methods or tips on how to cover or diffuse the light leakage around the top of tank? Its distracting amd lights up my whole living room!

75668506-3F4F-4EA7-919E-EBBBAC7D0302.jpeg

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s just one of those design items that the led community in general has willfully neglected. There is a certain obsession with light fixtures appearing “sleek” and it is ABSOLUTELY to a fault. The amount of blue pollution created by hanging a reef light is cutting off ones nose to spite their face. It DOMINATES whatever room the tank is in, and for most people Makes for a generally unpleasant living experience. Solutions are light shields which would be entirely DIY. A fixture sized shield to cut down on lateral scatter will drastically reduce the fixtures usable light spread, and a tank sized canopy defeats the “sleek tiny led fixture over a rimless tank” aesthetic. You simply have to pick your poison. Either accept the blue bomb in the room to stay with the sleek modern look, or abandon that modern look and put a more classic looking canopy over the tank. That would completely encapsulate the light spill to the sides and make the room look a lot more normal

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also the hot spot in the wall is exceptionally bright.
Some brackets tilt a bit from the weight.
Possibly glass)acrylic top?

One if the biggest mistakes in my mind was the use of lenses vs reflectors

OP
OP
bfazio1030

bfazio1030

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im thinking i can modify the radion xr15 bracket for the light to sit lower and just turn down the intensity.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 71 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.8%
Back