Digi slowly receding at the tip.

Trahs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been in my tank for a few weeks now. I blew over it with a syringe so the polyps would close but it typically has full bright red polyp extension when undisturbed. Ponape and birds of paradise nearby are doing fine. I noticed this one started with some white skeleton exposed around the top and has been slowly working its way down

no receding at the base at all white in pictures is glue.

thank you!
7D071F5C-B42F-4580-A6D4-AB5DD72458F4.jpeg
63286172-8B3E-45FA-A331-D91F3A817C51.jpeg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s not new growth then I would suspect that there’s a current blowing on it or the light is too bright?

OP
OP
Trahs

Trahs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s not new growth then I would suspect that there’s a current blowing on it or the light is too bright?

I think the current is ok. I have the lights turned down a bit to acclimate some other recent additions. I only made the polyps close up so I could show the white better in the photos. That's the weird part to me is that the polyp extension and polyp color is excellent just that receding along the top.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure that is recession? If the end got bumped into in place or during shipping it might die back.
Otherwise, Fast growing digitata tips are white with no flesh/color as they grow.

I would watch to see if the white grows out or if it extends down. If it continues down then I would cut off the dying tips a bit below the dying edge to halt the progression of death.

I hope it’s just fast growing.

OP
OP
Trahs

Trahs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure that is recession? If the end got bumped into in place or during shipping it might die back.
Otherwise, Fast growing digitata tips are white with no flesh/color as they grow.

I would watch to see if the white grows out or if it extends down. If it continues down then I would cut off the dying tips a bit below the dying edge to halt the progression of death.

I hope it’s just fast growing.
Thank you I will keep an eye on it if it appears to continue downward ill go ahead and chop it.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been in my tank for a few weeks now. I blew over it with a syringe so the polyps would close but it typically has full bright red polyp extension when undisturbed. Ponape and birds of paradise nearby are doing fine. I noticed this one started with some white skeleton exposed around the top and has been slowly working its way down

no receding at the base at all white in pictures is glue.

thank you!
7D071F5C-B42F-4580-A6D4-AB5DD72458F4.jpeg
63286172-8B3E-45FA-A331-D91F3A817C51.jpeg
Can you get some white pictures? Can't really tell if that is growth or receeding.

And parameters and maybe a full tank shot.... Not in blue lighting cuz it comes off terrible in pictures.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 78 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back