Digital Aquatics Archon

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to call it a night. I have to be at work at 5:45am in the morning. Thanks Lindsey.

primo21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i meant for the GetVersions() statement.

will have to dig a pc4 out of the attic tomorrow and test it, dont want to unhook my running one now. i dont have an iTemp probe so i plugged in a pH an the reading stayed at 14.83 and the calibrate button does nothing

do you think you will be able to find the usb files? i really think the ones i have are not right. i dont think the wifi setup worked and when i click on the standby button nothing happens. after exploring the www folder i do not see and html file titled 'standby' like i see for setup/inputs/outputs, etc.

thank you for your help and patience, much appreciated.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't seem to have 1.09.58. That was between 3/2016 and 8/2016
I have saved files from 3/2016 that are below that revision and some from 8/2016 that is above that.

primo21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very generous, thank you Lindsey. do i download the whole 1-14-17 folder and put it on an usb drive? i see 2 daMain files, should only 1 of them go on the usb?

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those may be too new. It's been so long. I know you had to out the files on the drive and then install the daMain file. But it's been way too long.

primo21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there was also a daMain 57 file in one of your folders. is it better to use older since mine was 59? must be some way to install updated software?? if the latest set of files are on the usb and a factory reset is done, will that install the new daMain?

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, don't think I'm putting you off here but I need to go back and look at mine and remember how we were doing things. Keep in mind it has been over a year since we updated them. I have just been so busy in the evenings lately I have not had time to take a full look at it.

primo21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@pickupman66

Lindsey - you have instructions for a bricked unit in your dropbox. could i do this to install the latest software build? i see you have version 61 in the 1-14-17 folder.

thanks

primo21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am wondering if using these instructions for recovering a 'bricked' unit will work to install the latest software package. i got this from Lindsey, just need to understand what the file structure should look like. in the one i have the db and logs folder are in the www folder. in his they are all on the same level.

copy files in the www download to www to your www on your flash drive (do not delete the logs and db folders),

then put daMain_1.09.57.ipk in www/db. - THINKING REPLACE THIS WITH A NEWER VERSION. He has 60, 61, 63, 65, 66

Once completed, put the flash drive in your archon and start it up.

Telnet into your unit and enter opkg install /mnt/sda1/www/db/daMain_1.09.57.ipk - SAME AS ABOVE

You should see it installing daMain, once complete, log into your archon.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The files are not in the same location for different versions. Those instructions may only work with specific versions. The software has changed quite a bit over time. When someone was several versions behind it was always Eric that would get them caught up. Since he no longer works for DA I am not sure.

primo21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i am on version 59. do you happen to know the structure of 60? if i go up 1 version...maybe?? right now it is not working. i can log into the unit but no inputs or outputs i connect show up.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot remember back that far. Those versions are from sometime in 2016. As a beta tester I was always on beta versions of the software. I did not same versions as the release version. There is no guarantee that that version will work either. You may have an issue with the hardware since you have no access to any of the ports or the buss. The hardware firmware is not recoverable if it gets messed up. I bricked one early on updating that firmware. Luckily that firmware was not updated very often. There is no guarantee that was one of the times it was though.

The Archon consist of a Linux computer module with wifi. This is connected to the hardware module that has a controller. That controller's firmware is what is referred to as hardware. It is the interface between all the Archon ports, the reefkeeper buss and the Linux computer. The software or DACX is the software update and is the software on the Linux computer that allows it to talk with the hardware module. This and the webpages were what was changed most often. Also somewhere along the updates it was changed where things were loaded in the memory. Some things were moved from the memory stick to the onboard memory of the computer module. Some of the rest is downloaded from the memory module to the ram on the computer module when it boots up. The problem is some of this was done by the script the was downloaded and run during versions upgrades. Unfortunately there is no way that I know of to get these scripts anymore. Hopefully that is not the case with a jump you are wanting to make. If you try it hopefully it will work.

primo21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think at this point i have to try it. if anyone knows what the file structure should look like please let me know. i am on version 58 and the db/logs folders are in www. if i go to 60 where should i put them??

thanks all.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry it might just work but I make no guarantees on it. I wish I could remember but I've been served a few beers since then. I do not think we had latest process of updating things until 64 or so. Good thing is an extra folder won't hurt, but a missing one will cause it not to work.

I wish I could assist more but it's just been so long. I'm in process if swapping to a reef pi now.

Back