Digital Aquatics Archon

BlueZreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don’t display the package version as shown in your screenshot. The files I loaded are from 1-14-17 file from Lindsay’s Dropbox folder.

Also, lost on this part:

Telnet into your unit and enter opkg install /mnt/sda1/www/db/daMain_1.09.57.ipk - SAME AS ABOVE

Nothing seems to load when I put that in the command line part...as you can tell I’m not good at software/firmware :(

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don’t display the package version as shown in your screenshot. The files I loaded are from 1-14-17 file from Lindsay’s Dropbox folder.

Also, lost on this part:

Telnet into your unit and enter opkg install /mnt/sda1/www/db/daMain_1.09.57.ipk - SAME AS ABOVE

Nothing seems to load when I put that in the command line part...as you can tell I’m not good at software/firmware :(
Where are you getting those instructions? 1.09.70 should have a package number. daMain is the software and has to be installed. Do you have that file on the memory stick in folder www/db. The sda1 is the memory stick on the linux system in the Archon. I am not sure why you are installing that version. Did someone else have you doing that?

BlueZreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking back through the pages of this thread trying to figure out how to load it.

The files on the flash drive are from Lindsey’s upload to Dropbox from the latest file that was in there. The DAmain files on the stick are 60 and 61.

I didn’t know what firmware was on these units. When I was having issues I did a system restore and then it was coming up with 1.09.70 for software and 1.09.0 for hardware.

Do you have the right files for 1.09.70? Can you upload them?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking back through the pages of this thread trying to figure out how to load it.

The files on the flash drive are from Lindsey’s upload to Dropbox from the latest file that was in there. The DAmain files on the stick are 60 and 61.

I didn’t know what firmware was on these units. When I was having issues I did a system restore and then it was coming up with 1.09.70 for software and 1.09.0 for hardware.

Do you have the right files for 1.09.70? Can you upload them?
I will see what I have when I get home tonight. PM me with your email address.

Dude with a tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a scanned copy of the Archon user manual? I have been looking for a pdf for hours!!!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a scanned copy of the Archon user manual? I have been looking for a pdf for hours!!!

I don't think there was a hard copy of the manual. Also the differences versions of firmware and software would make a manual useless unless it is for your particular version. I will see if I have a copy on a drive somewhere. Is there a specific thing you are looking for?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a PDF from 2014 so it is a old copy. There have been a lot of changes since that manul wos published. It you want a copy PM you email to me and I will send it to you. The initial setup now is not even close to what is in that manual. I do go over some of the Archon things in my build thread here. I also have one here http://www.austinreefclub.com/topic/40372-42-gallon-hex-tank-build/. It is a newer thread and has some detailed info on the Archon.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a Archon head unit as a backup a while back just incase the one I have goes south. Today I decided to see if I could clone the one I am using to the one I got. The alternitive would be to hookup the newer one and program everything from scratch. First ai tried copying the files from the one I am using to the one I got. The version on the software already match. That did not work. when the unit power up it still had the original programming and modules in the system even though no modules were attached. They did show as detached. None of the modules or programing were there. The next try I removed the memory and copyed the files from the original Archon to the memory stick again. I left the new one running. I then inserted the memory stick and when to the system webpange and selected restore in the power option and pressed the run button like in the screen shot below.

IMG_3132.PNG

This did it when it restared it showed all the modules attached to the original as detached. I then took it and swapped all the connected cables from the original to the new unit. Everything is running as it should. The only thing I had to do was calibrate the ports that were on the head unit. That is a temp, pH and ORP port. All the ports on the modules kept their calibrations. I will leave it connected for a 24 hr period before removing it. I will leave it powered up but not connected to any modules so it will be ready to go if needed. Anyone that needs to replace a Archon head unit can do this if the have a copy of the memory stick files from the old head unit as long as the software versions match what was on the old Archon. I now have a least one spare module of each type I use on the system.

Dave Gold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to get 1) a copy of the files so I can copy and put them on my own Archon and 2) do you have any sort of instruction manual that goes for with the build?

Thanks!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get a copy of the same versions you have installed it would be no problem. Upgrading requires more than just copying the files. I have not done this. I do not have a manual that represents the newer software that was on the Archon. I do have a build thread that goes through setup of different things on my Archon. The link to the one on R2R is in my build thread. This might be of help if you uave setup questions. If you do have any questions you can reply on the thread.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dave Gold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to connect Archon to computer without having to go to Archon's WiFi router? In other words, log in through my home WiFi? I have not been able to do that.

I do have Archon sending me email, but I have to change to the Archon router in order to view or use it, which is a pain/

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is sending emails it must be connected to your network. Check in your router for the ip address for the Archon and try using that address with your browser.

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to connect Archon to computer without having to go to Archon's WiFi router? In other words, log in through my home WiFi? I have not been able to do that.

I do have Archon sending me email, but I have to change to the Archon router in order to view or use it, which is a pain/

I had mine setup so that I could access it any where you can access the Internet.

You will need either a free or premium Dynamic DNS, I used No-Ip.com.

My archon webaddress then became for example bobyboy.ddns.net then archon login.

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is sending emails it must be connected to your network. Check in your router for the ip address for the Archon and try using that address with your browser.

That only works while you are on the same network, but not if you are say using cellular data.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That only works while you are on the same network, but not if you are say using cellular data.

The way the question was worded that they can get into the Archon hot spot I assumed they were on the same network. If they are trying to get to it remotely then it will also require changing settings in their router also. I go over setting up a Asus router for this in post #67 on page 4 of my build thread. The link is in my signature.

Dave Gold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As it is, my wife agreed that I could get an Apex if I sold a bunch of stuff on EBay and raised the money there. So I had some work equipment that I was not using, sold it off, and viola, the Apex is now on order from #BRS.

So, bye bye Archon. I will be putting it up on EBay, with the two probes and two power strips once the Apex is up and running, will probably be a couple of weeks off as I have weekend plans next two weeks.

I can't say that I will miss my Archon experience. In the end my decision to go Apex is based on its capabilities and the difficulty of getting the Archon to work, without instructions etc. I want the phone app, alerts, etc you get with Apex, and am particularly interested in the flow monitoring although I won't purchase that right away.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As it is, my wife agreed that I could get an Apex if I sold a bunch of stuff on EBay and raised the money there. So I had some work equipment that I was not using, sold it off, and viola, the Apex is now on order from #BRS.

So, bye bye Archon. I will be putting it up on EBay, with the two probes and two power strips once the Apex is up and running, will probably be a couple of weeks off as I have weekend plans next two weeks.

I can't say that I will miss my Archon experience. In the end my decision to go Apex is based on its capabilities and the difficulty of getting the Archon to work, without instructions etc. I want the phone app, alerts, etc you get with Apex, and am particularly interested in the flow monitoring although I won't purchase that right away.
Which Apex are you getting?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back