Digital Aquatics Archon

Showtime2d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was given a full Achron and its brand new. I already have a RKE running. Is there anyway of still being able to use this unit

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was given a full Achron and its brand new. I already have a RKE running. Is there anyway of still being able to use this unit
It is either use the RKE or Archon. Both head units cannot be used on the same buss at the same time. Also the NET modules and RD1 modules will need to removed when using the Archon. You can power up the Archon with it's supply and do some setting up without any other modules connected.

Dave Gold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which Apex are you getting?

The EL. I also ordered a flow monitoring kit. As it my Jebao main pump failed twice this weekend, so I bought a Neptune COR pump. I don't have it all hooked up yet but the Apex is up and my BRS pumps and heaters are connected.

If anyone is interested in my Archon system, it is listed on eBay:

I'm done with Archon! Thanks everyone for your help here!

***Mic Drop***

Dave Gold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Archon system for sale! I had this up on eBay already, but I am reposting it as the buyer did not pay.

Can you post the Software version, hardware version and package version? See screenshot below for example.

IMG_3285.PNG

ReefStrong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for Archon users who are familiar with the Linux side of the Archon. I just received one that the SSh/telnet side has an unknown password on it. Can it be reset/hacked/cracked. No this is not the front side Da/psswd I'm talking about. Sure would appreciate a Linux Expert here. Thanks in advance... PM me.

benapilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've still got some old texts from Eric, the Archon programmer. He had me ssh in to the Archon a few years back. Try root as the username and just password for the password. Another password option could be 097386 or the last number to a 5 or 7.

ReefStrong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've still got some old texts from Eric, the Archon programmer. He had me ssh in to the Archon a few years back. Try root as the username and just password for the password. Another password option could be 097386 or the last number to a 5 or 7.
Awesome..this is the feed back I'm looking for. I'm trying to put a User Information book together...so Archon users will have a more in-depth manual. I've done a lot of work on the back Linux side. Love to share any information I have with other users.

Thanks again... let you know what the results are.... much appreciate any info on the Archon.

ReefStrong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help... benapilot any other ideas? Btw...do you still have to txts? I wonder if there might be something in them that I could use to back door the controller. Thanks in advance.

ReefStrong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As it is, my wife agreed that I could get an Apex if I sold a bunch of stuff on EBay and raised the money there. So I had some work equipment that I was not using, sold it off, and viola, the Apex is now on order from #BRS.

So, bye bye Archon. I will be putting it up on EBay, with the two probes and two power strips once the Apex is up and running, will probably be a couple of weeks off as I have weekend plans next two weeks.

I can't say that I will miss my Archon experience. In the end my decision to go Apex is based on its capabilities and the difficulty of getting the Archon to work, without instructions etc. I want the phone app, alerts, etc you get with Apex, and am particularly interested in the flow monitoring although I won't purchase that right away.
Did you put the Archon up on Ebay yet?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 130 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back