Digital Aquatics Net Module

Fishninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my Reef Keeper life plus and all was good setting up everything until I got to the Net Module. This thing seems impossible to set up unless you are an IT professional. Can anyone give me a step by step of how to set this thing up? My head unit doesn’t even have the status light lit, however I was able to go into my reef 2.0 and update the Net Module. The directions on my reef 2.0 said that once the firmware was updated I had to go on a website and update the website??? How do I update the webpage with just a link.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will have to find out the IP address. I think there is a way to get it from your head unit. You can also get it from your router. Once you have the IP input that into your web browser to get to the webpages. I would do the webpages first before updating the firmware next time. As for a module light on the RKL for the NET module. This is normal since the NET doesn't count as a module towards the 4 module limit of the RKL.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fishninja

Fishninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the head unit under Net Module the IP address is 0.0.0.0 which I am guessing means I haven’t done that step yet? I don’t know how to get it from my router and if I did then how would I get it into the net module? If I pull up the RKM Net director it says the IP address is 10.0.0.18 however when I double click it, it says this page can’t be displayed???

OP
OP
Fishninja

Fishninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is hooked up to the router via Ethernet cable. The router doesn’t have a light indicating the Ethernet port is connected either. I thought that the amber light wasn’t coming on because I had a bad Ethernet cable however if I plug the Ethernet cable into another device then the light on the router turns on.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try pressing the reset button on the NET module for more tha 10 seconds and see if that will get it working. If it don't you may need to put the original firmware back on the module. When you update the firmware on a module make sure that module is the only one that is connected to the SID. myReef should have saved the old firmware version. You will have to select it though. It automatically selects the newest firmware. The different versions of webpages and firmware somethimes causes issues like this. That is the reason for updating the webpages first.

OP
OP
Fishninja

Fishninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so if I reset it and it works. Then all I have to do is update the webpage, I already updated the Net Module? On the net director it had an IP address of 10.0.0.18, is that the one that I search? How do I update the webpage once I search it?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so if I reset it and it works. Then all I have to do is update the webpage, I already updated the Net Module? On the net director it had an IP address of 10.0.0.18, is that the one that I search? How do I update the webpage once I search it?
The reset over 10 seconds will set the NET module back to factory defaults and needs to be done after a update. This may get you going again. This is an older thread on updating the NET, but it should be the same http://www.forum.digitalaquatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8362

Darryl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi this might help

Attachments

• RKM-NET User Guide.pdf
    204.7 KB · Views: 1,439
OP
OP
Fishninja

Fishninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the help guys. I will see how it goes tomorrow. If I manage to be able to get the net module going again and I can update the web page what is the next step to get the remote access to work?

OP
OP
Fishninja

Fishninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I plug just the Net Module into the computer, my reef 2.0 only shows SID->Update! It is 2.09 of 2.09 so I don’t know why it says it needs to be updated. Also the Net module won’t even show up.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If myReef thinks the SID is not up to date I don't think it will connect to any modules. Try updating again.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried unhooking the SID from the computer. Restart the computer and open myReef then hook the SID back to the computer.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back