OP
Sidney3773

Sidney3773

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prorocentrum. Same as mine. Consider the plan of attack I used in that link.
Silicates dosing is important.
The one thing the LFS didn’t have was something for silicates; can’t easily find the Water Glass you’ve referenced. Any other options?

OP
OP
Sidney3773

Sidney3773

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brightwell SpongExcel. It’s watered down so you’d need a lot of it.
Well things seem to be going well dinos are far less prevalent and aggressive, plus I’m getting some green hair algae appearing which is telling me (alongside resting) that there’s more nutrients knocking around. I’m quite happy with how things are a week later compared to the months it’s gone on, thanks all!

Just to keep battling on to ‘completely’ get rid. As dinos are gone, what to do about getting things balanced out so green algae doesn’t take hold?

Also to get my nem looking happier again

The Ginga Ninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had dinos for a while now, tried low lighting, dosing with special blend and nite out, and manual removal. But it’s not really making a dent. So going to look at nitrate and phosphate dosing.
Attached are the tests I’ve just done.

Nitrate at 2 (aiming for 3-10 as per BRS guidance)
Phosphate at 0 (aiming for 0.03-0.09 as per BRS).

So I believe I want to dose neonitro at 30ml and neophos at 14ml as per my calcs at the bottom.
also going to dose Dino X (worth a try) at 6ml.

Tank is 120 litres. Stocked with 2 x clowns, 3 x green chromis, an anemone (who’s not been very happy with all the faffing), a cleaner shrimp, a pistol shrimp, 4 x astro snails, 2 x conch, 6 x Trochus snails, 3 x zoas and a star polyp (I think).

Running a tunze comline skimmer, fluval 7 canister filter and 2 fluval marine 3 lights. Light details attached (currently have smaller light period)

Opinions? Suggestions? Haven’t dosed the above yet as waiting for lights to finish cycle. Tank attached, looks a little sad as have just blown off and removed some dinos.

24631AB2-BF1D-4E64-8C39-2C62147EBF86.jpeg 3F88ABCC-285A-47CA-BA09-755280FDF8D7.png AB48D533-4EB9-483B-8DC0-D9D176480C82.jpeg
I've had dinos in 4 separate tanks, and I've learned to get rid of them in 6-8 days using this method (UV sterilizer will be most important piece to this method) hope this helps!:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back