Dino ID

djm

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2021
Messages
104
Reaction score
45
Location
London
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6185.jpeg
Hi, can anyone help identify these dinos I have?

There seems to be two species, one large round type that spins in circles, and one which is a lot smaller, kind of a sesame seed shape that swims fast in a forward zig zag type pattern.

Previously I was told I had Large Cell Amphidinium but I’m not sure. I’m thinking maybe Prorocentrum for the large ones and maybe Small Cell Amphidinium for the small quick ones?
IMG_6184.jpeg
 
IMG_6185.jpeg
Hi, can anyone help identify these dinos I have?

There seems to be two species, one large round type that spins in circles, and one which is a lot smaller, kind of a sesame seed shape that swims fast in a forward zig zag type pattern.

Previously I was told I had Large Cell Amphidinium but I’m not sure. I’m thinking maybe Prorocentrum for the large ones and maybe Small Cell Amphidinium for the small quick ones?
IMG_6184.jpeg
Can’t see much in these photos that looks like a dinoflagellate
 
Sorry, no.
Hmmmm maybe because it’s an iPhone video. I’ve managed to take a bit of a better picture of the large Dinos. They seems to spin slowly in circles.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6195.jpeg
    IMG_6195.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 38
Hmmmm maybe because it’s an iPhone video. I’ve managed to take a bit of a better picture of the large Dinos. They seems to spin slowly in circles.
Maybe the cell profile is at a bad angle. It does not look like Prorocentrum nor Amphidinium.
 
I’ve uploaded a video to YouTube. Hopefully this works


I was able to view the video this time, but the little pests are moving so quickly I cannot tell what they are.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new