OP
OP
Fishbike13

Fishbike13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the people recommending a uv sterilizer, is there a preferred brand and size? Are the aqua ultraviolet brand worth buying?

OP
OP
Fishbike13

Fishbike13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So an update now that i am home. I lost the gramma the day i was supposed to leave for vaca, and noticed that the clowns look like they have either ich or velvet. Had no choice but to hope they made it until i got back (which they did) I have an Aqua UV 8 watt unit on the way, and will be setting the clowns up in a qt tank for copper treatment today, they dont seem phased by their condition, but it looks like they are covered in white powder.

The dinos are completely overtaking the tank, but hopefully a scrub and the uv will take car of that. nutrients are still up.

OP
OP
Fishbike13

Fishbike13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought id come back and update everyone on my final solution that ended up working. The blackouts and dosing nutrients did help, reduced the photoperiod and kept adding micro bacter 7, manual removal, and UV sterilizer all helped. Once i saw the dinos on the rocks starting to thin, but the ones on the sand still spreading, i decided to try Dino X from fauna marin. 6 doses of that cleared out all traces of dinos that were left,

TLDR;
I did every single thing suggested and the combination of it all worked. Im now working on adding diversity in the form of pods, and now that my nutrients are sustaining themselves, i will be looking into a refugium soon. Hope this thread helps someone who is battling dinos themselves!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back