Dino X working in reverse

Discussion in 'Fauna Marin' started by DeeBee, Jul 8, 2015.

1. techhnyne

techhnyne Active Member

I did a 3 day lights out with light h202 dosing and my dinos were gone by end of 72 hours

2. LORD FORBES

LORD FORBES New Member

3. LORD FORBES

LORD FORBES New Member

I'm running carbon and Phosguard should I remove them from my tank before dosing NO3 and PO4?

4. Fauna Marin

Fauna Marin Active Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Hi Montireef,

I am really sorry but what you say about DinoX is definitely not true. Our product does in fact work against the types of Dino you said it does not. We have had this product on the market for more than 20 years in Europe and have saved tens of thousands of reef tanks from a complete loss. Depending on the severity of the problem, we usually attempt other common methods of Dino treatment before using DinoX, but depending on the nature of the problem, it makes sense to work with DinoX.

Some problems which have been mentioned earlier are not only Dino-related issues but also gold algae and bacteria-related issues which can be the cause of negative reaction. In situations like this, DinoX cannot work because the product is not a toxic substance.

Regards,
    Claude

RobReef likes this.
  5. NyReefer81

NyReefer81 Member

It took me over 3 mos to fully get over dino!! I don't know the exact strain of what i had but it was stringy brown and had a air bubble off the end of it, it attached mainly to sand and corals on my end ...

Things i tried that did not work -
    1. Vacuming sand, cleaning off rocks etc
    2. Vacuming just the dino
    3. DINO X (may work for some, or just coincidental as it goes away naturally user maybe dosing this thinking its working) Also why isn't the ingredients listed on the back of Dino X? Easy home remedy stuff? Maybe Hydrogen Peroxide?
    4. NO3 PO4
    5. Hydrogen Peroxide treatments (this techniques was not necessarily bad but didn't notice it helping either since it was killing good bacteria too)
    6. Changing out media (chemi pure, poly pads etc)

Things that somewhat worked ...
    1. Complete tank blackouts (3 days, 5 days, a full 7 days etc i tried) tank would look pristine clear but than slowly but surely it came back!!
    2. Removing anything dead (had a massive die off but only fish interestingly enough)
    3. Tank breakdown, clean out, new sand, new rocks etc (last resort)

What worked -
    1. Patience!!!
    2. Keeping the tank full of life!! (encouraging pods to thrive etc but not cleaning so frequently, continue to feed etc..)
    3. Cheeto in main display tank to thrive to help growth of beneficial bacteria ...
    4. Continuing to allow corraline algae to thrive with use of Part A and B / Mag.
    5. Removal of any corals covered in Dino which towards the end is where i would find it lingering ...

So overall after months of research, asking many LFS (who had no clue), and more research i have concluded two things!

1. Most tanks who have Dino have a beneficial bacteria problem - one cant compete with the other is the theory!
    2. Tank may not be fully cycled yet or mature enough going back to problem #1 above - some rocks like Tonga take longer to cure, or the sand etc...

What never to do!
    1. Water changes!!! Only fuels Dino

RobReef and Dennis McGrath like this.
  6. AquaHobby31

AquaHobby31 Member

How do you vacuum without doing water change?

7. Bagirka

Bagirka Member

Hello everyone, I hope someone can help me to identify the species and the best method to kill these monsters...there are no obvious snots but I have problems with sand which I thought was due to either diatoms or cyano
    I invested in microscope and unfortunately I haven't got windows to connect it to PC...so the best I could is phone photos
    I think amphidinium but I'm not an expert(
    Sorry for fuzzy pictures but that's the best I could do atm

Thank you!

IMG_6018 2.JPG
    IMG_3572.JPG
    IMG_6488.JPG

8. NyReefer81

NyReefer81 Member

Dino X did nothing for me, granted I have no idea what strain I had but over the course of 6 mos I have Dino 3x did everything imaginable to clean and clear it etc , ultimately is the reason why I broke down my tank recently and will most likely stay away from the hobby - 15yrs and being a compete newbie I created an amazing tank had no chiller or expensive led lights or reactors and never ever saw an ounce of the stuff - 3 yrs the tank latest before I moved on ...sucks but the hobby and environment In which the material is coming from is all changing

9. NyReefer81

NyReefer81 Member

Dino X did nothing for me, granted I have no idea what strain I had but over the course of 6 mos I have Dino 3x did everything imaginable to clean and clear it etc , ultimately is the reason why I broke down my tank recently and will most likely stay away from the hobby - 15yrs and being a compete newbie I created an amazing tank had no chiller or expensive led lights or reactors and never ever saw an ounce of the stuff - 3 yrs the tank latest before I moved on ...sucks but the hobby and environment In which the material is coming from is all changing

10. MSB123

MSB123 Check out my new 20 gallon frog fish build! R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Santa Barbara Reef Co-Op Build Thread Contributor

Try a massive UV sterilizer- I run a 80 watt on my 180 gallon tank and I’ve never had a problem since

11. Bagirka

Bagirka Member

I have a massive UV so that's why probably it hasn't gone the full blow outbreak but hanging in the middle in the way.....I would like to identify them so I know what to do and what NOT to do)

12. reefwiser

reefwiser LMAS R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Its really pretty easy to do.:)

13. Teles Ramos viana

Teles Ramos viana New Member

Boa noite.
    Também estou com essa praga de Dino no meu telefone.
    Comprei o Dino X e já estou na 11° dose e não tive nenhum resultado positivo.
    Parei de aplicar,pois os corais foram afetados.
    Estou tentando outras maneiras,enfim dinheiro gasto atoa com esse produto.
    Nem algumas algas sumiram.
    Não recomendo o produto.
    Caro e sem eficácia.

14. Teles Ramos viana

Teles Ramos viana New Member

Boa noite.
    Também estou com essa praga no meu telefone.
    Comprei o Dino X e já estou na 11 ° dose e não obtive sultado algum.
    Então piorou o problema, parei de dosar o produto para nota que os corais estao sentindo.
    Tentando outras maneiras de acabar com os donos, pois com o produto sem resultado.
    Nao recomendo o produto.
    Enfim, dinheiro gasto atoa.

Draft saved Draft deleted