Dinos and wrasse

tynewell1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like my yellow coris wrasse in my 20 water box had got dinos stuck to its fins while diving into the sand. It’s not affecting its swimming, but I was wondering if this can pose a problem for his health?!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looks like my yellow coris wrasse in my 20 water box had got dinos stuck to its fins while diving into the sand. It’s not affecting its swimming, but I was wondering if this can pose a problem for his health?!
It shouldn’t but take a turkey baster and blow gentle bursts at his tail to dislodge the Dino
If you’re having a Dino issue, add 1 ml of liquid bacteria per 10 gallons daily for 6 days and add 1.5 ml of hydrogen peroxide Per 10 gallons at night and turn lights off for 5 days
Siphon up the Dino before lights off
Clean filters and skimmer cup daily

OP
OP
T

tynewell1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It shouldn’t but take a turkey baster and blow gentle bursts at his tail to dislodge the Dino
If you’re having a Dino issue, add 1 ml of liquid bacteria per 10 gallons daily for 6 days and add 1.5 ml of hydrogen peroxide Per 10 gallons at night and turn lights off for 5 days
Siphon up the Dino before lights off
Clean filters and skimmer cup daily
I just added a uv sterilizer but I’m gonna try the liquid bacteria and hydrogen peroxide. It’s the very very beginning of dinos so I was hoping the uv would be enough, the Params are perfect!

Attachments

• A5A337F6-76DB-476A-9475-CC05A553345C.png
    A5A337F6-76DB-476A-9475-CC05A553345C.png
    681.7 KB · Views: 26

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daily blowing of corals/rock with a turkey baster and cleaning of socks is very helpful until you get it under control.
I had success with keeping NO3 and PO4 above zero testable levels and took maybe 4 weeks? to get things under control. Never did a blackout or used peroxide, but that was my situation.
My Melanurus never had an issue with it sticking to him/her so never needed to try to blow the fish off but you could try to.

OP
OP
T

tynewell1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daily blowing of corals/rock with a turkey baster and cleaning of socks is very helpful until you get it under control.
I had success with keeping NO3 and PO4 above zero testable levels and took maybe 4 weeks? to get things under control. Never did a blackout or used peroxide, but that was my situation.
My Melanurus never had an issue with it sticking to him/her so never needed to try to blow the fish off but you could try to.
I’m gonna try too, but my wrasse is the biggest wimp ever, dives into the sand whenever the lid moves off the tank.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 34.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back