OP
ReefWithCare

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's your progress? I've been battling this using the same exact methods and I still see Dino's. No stringy at all, but just bubbles on rockwork and a few coral. Any idea on how long to continue?

Also, did you blackout with UV running?

Hi there,

I have nutrients again in the tank. The lights are back on. I’m still seeing the bubbles on rockwork. Not really sure what to do at this point. I didn’t really truly blackout.

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I have nutrients again in the tank. The lights are back on. I’m still seeing the bubbles on rockwork. Not really sure what to do at this point. I didn’t really truly blackout.
Well, you know, I'm thinking it might just take a few months! I guess we both shall see lol.

OP
OP
ReefWithCare

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you know, I'm thinking it might just take a few months! I guess we both shall see lol.

I think so too. There has definitely been a huge reduction though. I would probably care more if there were corals in the tank. With FO right now it’s not too big of a deal.

If I could do all over again I would have at least done a 1/4 Live rock.

OP
OP
ReefWithCare

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all - so the Dinos are still sticking around. My nutrients have been up for the last 3 weeks. They arent as bad - but still around and starting to make themselves known more. I haven’t been able to change water in 2 months now because of the low nutrients. I want to change water because there is cyano and Dinos everywhere now. Fish don’t seem to care though. I’m also seeing a weird white slimly growth in the fuge area where my addition rock is.

I think lack of biodiversity is just screwing me over at this point. Never dry rock again [emoji29].

Last check on nitrients a week ago I got around 16PPM and 0.7 phosphates. I tested nitrates this morning and I seem to be around 10PPM. I’ll test phosphates again when I get back from work. I turned the scrubber back on when my nutrients went up for 6-8 hrs a day. It’s growing cyano, dinos, and other brown/green algae [emoji79]. Looks pretty nasty lol.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back