Dinos?

PolypPocket

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2026
Messages
535
Reaction score
657
Location
Minnesota
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 3 months old so the timing is right. I don’t have a microscope unfortunately, but I’m pretty sure this looks like dinos. I was thinking of just getting a UV filter. I can blast it off with a turkey baster before lights out and run the filter at night. Does that sound like a good plan?

Some of the bubbles are from me moving the wavemaker and it skimmed the surface blowing bubbles everywhere. So the strings haven’t been quite this bubbly normally.

It doesn’t grow on the sand, it’s been on rocks and other things like macroalgae. So far there’s not a ton of it but every day I’m seeing more (it’s been about 4 days or so).

It’s hard to say whether it recedes at night and gets worse as the day goes on but I’m leaning towards yes. I know that’s vague but it kind of changes from day to day not hour to hour.

20261001_140748_743F8D00-8E55-4D67-AADA-F8F0D21663BD.png


20261001_140748_ACA4A054-2D9A-4421-BEB5-670306D17685.png


20261001_140748_3536DB00-691F-48AA-B775-C5A42D35E6D7.png


20261001_140748_63355B34-5781-4FB9-9CD6-B0D9B3392C20.png


20261001_140748_BB5ABBB4-8355-449B-ADE6-0BB57E6FEF3B.png



20261001_141217_DE0643BE-3B2F-4236-B35D-93D8514E74A8.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new