Dipping coral

Alex’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did some research and I cannot find a definitive answer on how often to dip your coral. I have six different kinds of dips: tropic Marin coral pro cure, Bayer advanced insect killer, hydrogen peroxide for algae prevention, Coral RX, seachems reef dip (iodine) and RedSea’s DipX. I have a 25 gallon frag tank I’ll be using and I have extra power heads and heaters with tanks for the dip stations but I’m curious to know if any of you can help determining how often to dip my coral. I plan on having a mixed reef in my DT eventually but I’d like to take the extra measures for pest prevention. Any advice would be much appreciated. I know I still need to do research on which dips to use on which coral because they respond differently. Thank you

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dip when you get them home before you put them into your QT. I've never dipped corals another time after adding them to my systems. The only other time I would dip is if there is a bug issue and I need to dip and place back into QT.

OP
OP
Alex’s Reef

Alex’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. I read all my dip bottles so I know which ones to use on which coral but I think I’ll try dipping then once a week or every 8-14 days for nudi hatchlings.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.9%
Back