Dipping coral

Alex’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2019
Messages
75
Reaction score
47
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did some research and I cannot find a definitive answer on how often to dip your coral. I have six different kinds of dips: tropic Marin coral pro cure, Bayer advanced insect killer, hydrogen peroxide for algae prevention, Coral RX, seachems reef dip (iodine) and RedSea’s DipX. I have a 25 gallon frag tank I’ll be using and I have extra power heads and heaters with tanks for the dip stations but I’m curious to know if any of you can help determining how often to dip my coral. I plan on having a mixed reef in my DT eventually but I’d like to take the extra measures for pest prevention. Any advice would be much appreciated. I know I still need to do research on which dips to use on which coral because they respond differently. Thank you
 
Dip when you get them home before you put them into your QT. I've never dipped corals another time after adding them to my systems. The only other time I would dip is if there is a bug issue and I need to dip and place back into QT.
 
Gotcha. I read all my dip bottles so I know which ones to use on which coral but I think I’ll try dipping then once a week or every 8-14 days for nudi hatchlings.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new