OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was it a newly created AIO key? That's what seems to have taken a while to propagate.
You have to just enable telemetry and provide your username and token (as mentioned in the guides), and reload reef-pi. that will automatically send data to adafruit io, you can the create dashboard using the feeds (automatically created by reef-pi)

The AIO key is a couple of weeks old. I'll check up on it tomorrow then, since I just reenabled it today.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New feeds seem to show up right away, io.ada wasn't showing any data just after I created my account there. I think that's the difference.
Are you seeing any error in your reef-pi ui? You might be rate limited

Diamond1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's how I have mine set up. I just use timers not macros.

Sump light timers.PNG

OP
OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like it will work.

I hope so. This is the time for me to do dry runs to make sure everything works. The only life in the tank is pods and phyto. I have more pods coming in next week too. I hope to have a nice established population by the time the cycle is complete.

OP
OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you have working with reef-pi so far?
I have the ATO and heaters working. Since I have non-dimming T5 lights, those are using their internal timers. I have the skimmer and now the fuge light on the adj power strip, and a timer set for the fuge light to see if it works. Next is the pH probe, once that programming is ready, and then I think that's about it.

Bigtrout

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to just enable telemetry and provide your username and token (as mentioned in the guides), and reload reef-pi. that will automatically send data to adafruit io, you can the create dashboard using the feeds (automatically created by reef-pi)
And make sure you dont have spaces in any of the names that you give things in reef pi!

Bigtrout

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. The insulation is pretty thick, but I've got it put together and in use.
Im testing these vs a black cheap(5 for 10 bucks) pvc insulated one that I got when these sold out. These are much more responsive, yet steadier in the readings. Must be the thermal conductive grease that the amazon description says the probes are filled with.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 83 45.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.4%
Back