OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@DirtDiggler2823 lets get to the bottom of adafruit.io issue here. Can you share the following
- Screen shot of one of your ATO or temp tab. Make sure theres no space in the name of sensors (temp or ato)
- Screenshot of your telemetry config (blur out the aio key, we dont need it)
- Open a terminal and run journalctl -fu reef-pi.service, we want to see the log as we issue a reload command from reef-pi
- Issue a resload command from reef-pi ui (Configuration admin)
- Share a screenshot of your log as the reload command takes in effect
After dinner, I'll gather this info.

Bigtrout

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my new sparkfun temp probe, and 3.5mm jacks. I've tipped the probe, and incorporated it with no issues. It looks much better built than the first one, as it is completely sealed. I've already tied it into the heaters for a nice 78.5 degree temp. We will see how it does against the standalone thermometer I have already on the DT. I've also ordered two of the probes that @Bigtrout recommended. I've also added a cheap belkan speaker/headphone splitter, which seems to work fine right now with one probe hanging off of it. Once I add a second, I'll understand more. This may help make the probes themselves more modular and easy to replace.
The probes are just wired in parallel with one 4.7k for a pull up on data line, if the splitter is a parallel splitter, should work fine.
Wait until you see the quality of the probes I recommended vs the cheap black pvc insulated ones!

OP
OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK @theatrus , I have the new optical sensor. Where do I need to cable the wires into? the 2 GND appearances are on the OUTPUT side along with pin17 and pin27. The 5V appearances are on the INPUT side along with pin26 and pin19. If I ignore the INPUT and OUTPUT labels on the board, I can wire this in just fine, but if I have to be cognizant of them, then I will not be able to tie the optical sensor into either the GND, or the 5V pin.

OP
OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@DirtDiggler2823 lets get to the bottom of adafruit.io issue here. Can you share the following
- Screen shot of one of your ATO or temp tab. Make sure theres no space in the name of sensors (temp or ato)
- Screenshot of your telemetry config (blur out the aio key, we dont need it)
- Open a terminal and run journalctl -fu reef-pi.service, we want to see the log as we issue a reload command from reef-pi
- Issue a resload command from reef-pi ui (Configuration admin)
- Share a screenshot of your log as the reload command takes in effect

I had spaces in my sensor names. I've corrected that.

CMD.JPG

IO troubleshooting 1.JPG

IO troubleshooting 2.JPG

IO troubleshooting 3.JPG

OP
OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK @theatrus , I have the new optical sensor. Where do I need to cable the wires into? the 2 GND appearances are on the OUTPUT side along with pin17 and pin27. The 5V appearances are on the INPUT side along with pin26 and pin19. If I ignore the INPUT and OUTPUT labels on the board, I can wire this in just fine, but if I have to be cognizant of them, then I will not be able to tie the optical sensor into either the GND, or the 5V pin.

@Ranjib results with the new optical sensor, mirror the previous one. I may have to use a float sensor

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib results with the new optical sensor, mirror the previous one. I may have to use a float sensor
I'll try this out soon myself and let you know. As of now I have tested the kessil (0-10v), temperature and db9 (powerstrip), that ATO is left.

OP
OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sealing mine for waterproof of the sensor, I have 2 of these and 2 more on the way, they are double crimped onto heavy silicone insulated wire...ones I have do not stick to a magnet...which is good enough stainless for a FW tank. YMMV in salt.

20190103_004315.jpg

How did you soldier this cable? I assume you cut off the grounding braid, but between the red, white, and yellow, how did you put this together?

Bigtrout

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you soldier this cable? I assume you cut off the grounding braid, but between the red, white, and yellow, how did you put this together?
Red=VCC
White=ground
Yellow=data
You dont have to use the braid, its shielding...

The 4 I have have proven very accurate and within .1125 degrees of each other.

Bigtrout

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you see data there, then these are the next steps. I'll do the temperature graph and you can add other charts from there I think.

Click on Dashboards on the left column at io.ada...

Click Actions tab, create a new dashboard. Give it a name, then create.

Top right click the plus sign with blue background to create a new block.

ON the right click on the line chart (graph).

Then the next screen you select "(prefix if used)temp-reading and then click next step.

There you can set the min and max of the temperature range, how many hours of data you want to display by default, decimal places, etc. Set it how you want and then click create block in the bottom right.

Done!

You can resize that block by clicking the green gear icon on the upper right of the dashboard.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 68 45.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.6%
Back