Disappointing experience with aqua illumination

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cliff717
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Do you have a way to fix them?
Do you have a way to fix them?
Sort of, I'm setting up a frag tank and had purchase a light and a few broken ones, am tearing them down for salvage and making working lights out of broken ones. I'm a bit too deep to turn back now, lol. Somehow ended up with two controllers, have one I can trade.
 
Well let's keep this going. I have 4 hydra 52HD lights. They are about 4 years old. One of them just crapped out on me. I reached out to AI they gave me an RMA number to return the unit. I put it in the mail today. Let's see how this turns out.
 
Well let's keep this going. I have 4 hydra 52HD lights. They are about 4 years old. One of them just crapped out on me. I reached out to AI they gave me an RMA number to return the unit. I put it in the mail today. Let's see how this turns out.
Not bad four years. I have three 26HD for 3 1/2 years and are still doing their job!

20201011_182620.jpg
 
Four years lifespan isn’t bad? For thousands of dollars investment? U and I must have far different bank accounts lol
 
Four years lifespan isn’t bad? For thousands of dollars investment? U and I must have far different bank accounts lol
Thousands of dollars? I paid $320 for each of my 26HD for a total of $960. Not bad! The new 32HD are $366 each..inflation I imagine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new