Disco ball coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter Slocke
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Slocke

I’m pedantic, ignore me
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2022
Messages
13,711
Reaction score
53,746
Location
Atlanta
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you do with an almost complete ball of coral?
IMG_1882.jpeg

Disco ball!!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/daCUwjU1r1TFYsW19
IMG_1885.jpeg
 
That is pretty hilarious. I wonder how being hung from a string will affect its growth pattern. Will it keep ballin' or go more umbrella/mushroom shape? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
 
That is pretty hilarious. I wonder how being hung from a string will affect its growth pattern. Will it keep ballin' or go more umbrella/mushroom shape? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
I want to see if the bottom survives mostly. It was being regularly rolled by my conches which is why I got the full ball I think. I’m hoping that reflections will keep it all alive.
 
Put it on top of a rock and let it encrust more
I tried. It was too spherical and kept getting knocked off. Also very hard to glue the soft coral heads to a rock
 
I want to see if the bottom survives mostly. It was being regularly rolled by my conches which is why I got the full ball I think. I’m hoping that reflections will keep it all alive.
I think you are right, bottom will get enough light to survive. The swinging and spinning will help that too. But, will it get enough to grow? or enough growth to keep up with the top? You will have to keep us updated!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new