Disco clam!

AlkCalmist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The disco clam, electric flame scallop, file clam, Ctenoides scaber for the nerdy. And world's coolest mollusk. Who has some? And where are they in your tank? I'm very curious to see how everyone else is keeping these critters.

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be interested to know! The longest I ever kept one alive was 16 months with daily phyto feedings, but most seemed to wither away within 6-8 months. I'd love to know if anyone is keeping them long term- I vaguely remember them having a pretty short life expectancy in the wild.

OP
OP
AlkCalmist

AlkCalmist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 right now coming up on the 6 month mark. I target feed them once a week. But I dose phytoplankton and have a HUGE bio load. Not sure on the wild expectancy myself. Started the year off with 11 of them. The two that lived haven't moved since they attached themselves to there spots. Which both spots are tucked in rocks at least 8 inches above the sand. The others had lower spots or never got comfy. My LFS also has one that six or seven months, he too is tucked in a high spot. I've always been told not to intentionally tuck them places. But I'm starting to rethink that.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 57 55.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • None.

Votes: 26 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.7%

Back