Disease ID

That looks like ich to me. That must be one tough tang to have nicked the fin like that!

Jay
Are you sure it’s Ich and not velvet ? I noticed the white spots are very small.

The fish is not having a hard time breathing and is eating like normal.
 
Are you sure it’s Ich and not velvet ? I noticed the white spots are very small.

The fish is not having a hard time breathing and is eating like normal.
Velvet always shows as rapid breathing and not eating, many times there are no spots at all because the infection is localized in the gills. Maine Velvet shows less as spots, and more as a dusty sheen, sometimes with sort of glassy eyes. Freshwater velvet is a different species and has more distinct spots. A bunch of photos here that are labeled velvet are really just ich. I’m working on fixing them….

Jay
 
Looks like your treatment is working. I’ve had luck with ruby reef’s ick treatment - kick ick. Didn’t mess with my corals or inverts that I recall. It’s been a few years since I’ve used it. I didn’t used the other treatment they have so I don’t know about safety on them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new