Disease Outbreak Help

kklim28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will start by saying I have pretty much committed to ich management in the past due a previous but where I could not QT and the situation resolved itself.

I have recently added an Emperor angel and Yellow Tang to my tank. Shortly after my sailfin tang and Emperor Angel Fish have been fighting what seemed to be minor disease. Probbaly ich.

Things to seemed to be resolving until this morning where now my Hippo tang looks pretty bad.

Everyone is eating really well and I feed pretty frequent.

Does anybody have any reef safe treatments options to help with management of disease.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I will start by saying I have pretty much committed to ich management in the past due a previous but where I could not QT and the situation resolved itself.

I have recently added an Emperor angel and Yellow Tang to my tank. Shortly after my sailfin tang and Emperor Angel Fish have been fighting what seemed to be minor disease. Probbaly ich.

Things to seemed to be resolving until this morning where now my Hippo tang looks pretty bad.

Everyone is eating really well and I feed pretty frequent.

Does anybody have any reef safe treatments options to help with management of disease.
You say disease but not sure what disease you are referring to and pics and even vide under white lighting will be helpful. At times quarantine and medication with coppersafe is best recourse.
There is reef safe Ruby Rally Pro which addresses flukes, worms, velvet, bacterial and other issues but Not ich.
There is Hyposalinity running salt level at a much lower number but can be stressful at times to fish and will require a separate tank if you have coral and inverts and you might as well then set up a hospital tank

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deleted. Nvm. Reef tank as it is stated.

QT is ur only option unless you want to try the hydrogen peroxide way, assuming it’s ich.

OP
OP
K

kklim28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added some pictures

Attachments

• IMG_2365.jpeg
    IMG_2365.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2368.jpeg
    IMG_2368.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2369.jpeg
    IMG_2369.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2373.jpeg
    IMG_2373.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2367.jpeg
    IMG_2367.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2371.jpeg
    IMG_2371.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2366.jpeg
    IMG_2366.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
K

kklim28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon tank that has

2-3inch kole tang
1-2inch Clown
2inch yellow
1-2 valetini puffer

My DT stock is

3 inch Bird wrasse
3 inch Niger Trigger
4 inch Sailfin Tang
4 inch Hippo Tang
2 inch Yellow Tang
2inch Six line Wrasse
1 inch Fiji Damsel
2 inch Cardinal fish
4 inch Emperor Angel

Would the 75 be too small to treat all the fish together? And let the DT sit for 3 months

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too small… unless you get more QTs, you are looking at in-tank treatment. I’m not familiar with Ruby product so I can’t say if it’s reef safe but it could be an option.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon tank that has

2-3inch kole tang
1-2inch Clown
2inch yellow
1-2 valetini puffer

My DT stock is

3 inch Bird wrasse
3 inch Niger Trigger
4 inch Sailfin Tang
4 inch Hippo Tang
2 inch Yellow Tang
2inch Six line Wrasse
1 inch Fiji Damsel
2 inch Cardinal fish
4 inch Emperor Angel

Would the 75 be too small to treat all the fish together? And let the DT sit for 3 months

If your 75 is well established, and has good biological filtration, you could shoe horn those fish in, but the question is although they could fit biologically, what about territoriality? No way to forecast that.

In looking at your pictures, only the hepatus tang has definitive white spots. Can you see ich spots on the other fish in person? Hepatus are prone to developing "mucus plugs" - these are a skin reaction to some stressor. Sometimes, the stressor is ich, other times it is not. That makes confirming white spots on this species very difficult.

It looks like there is some generalized skin blotchiness on the emperor. They are REALLY prone to Neobendenia flukes - has it been treated for those?

Jay

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back