Dismantling my Red Sea 525XL what to do with the livestock?

laup18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm dismantling my 525XL in the next couple of weeks, and I don't know what to do with my pets. I have corals, fishes, shrimp, of course, live rock. It is sad to me to get rid of my livestock since I've been providing for them for the past three years, and they are doing fantastic, but life is life, and family comes first. So I don't want to take them to a LFS because of the additional stress.

1. Is there any place where I can sell them online to local hobbies and ensure their well-being?

2. Should I give them away to local hobbies if there is no other way to recover some monetary investment?

Please, feel free to comment with any suggestion or idea.

I'm in TX north of H-Tow, but I'm not interested in shipping or stress on my pets; any recommendation has to be local.

Thanks.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Yes, check out the buy/sell/trade forums. I'm sure you can find someone locally.
2. Yes, that's the best choice for your fishy friends if #1 doesn't pan out.

OP
OP
L

laup18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Yes, check out the buy/sell/trade forums. I'm sure you can find someone locally.
2. Yes, that's the best choice for your fishy friends if #1 doesn't pan out.
Do you have any idea about local forums? eBay, Facebook or any other forum you may know?

Thanks for the response.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any idea about local forums? eBay, Facebook or any other forum you may know?
Thanks for the response.
There's probably a local saltwater Facebook group, Kijiji, etc. Not sure where you're located but you might find someone local on R2R as well (check out the buy/sell/trade forums).

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in tulsa and will be willing to help. We ship fish all over and or sell them for you. Let me know

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 68 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.0%
Back