Dismantling Saltwater Aquarium

Anna Large

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I am recently divorced and my ex husband was a huge aquarium aficionado. I spent thousands of dollars on equipment over the years and when he left he left it all behind.
I don't have the time or skill to keep it up and would like to just recoup some of my losses.
I'm hoping that I can post pictures and perhaps people can help me here.

Thank you.

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may like to consider a few things depending on how you like to dismantle an aquarium. Most will boil down to time, money and effort. I am sure many reefers within the Houston areas would be happy to take the load off.
  • LFS is also consideration besides MARSH
  • Ideally getting livestock sold first before equipment is ideal. This would be especially important if you don't want to put the time or effort into keeping the reef going. Things could go bad quick. You have more time on equipment.
  • On equipment, sell in logical group potentially or individually as it make sense. You could sell equipment early but ask buyer to not take it until do don't need it to support the reef.
  • Consider selling a complete setup. You never know, some may just take the whole thing depending on their need or want
any just a few thoughts.

BigMan87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Houston. What do you have and cost would help. You can PM me and I can give you a few options that would be good places to start recouping.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 58 74.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back