Ditched w/ a 6foot tank!

lanna

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!
I'm Alanna, I'm very new to marine & way across the pond from U all in Australia.
So funny story!
My bf left (polite way of saying I booted him out)... And he left me with a huge tank we had put together over 3 mths.
I had no idea what to do, he always did the management & I paid for it & watched it with joy, but to my horror, what a task after he was gone! I decided after much research to transfer to my 4ft tank & go sumpless...I know it's a contentious issue, hotly debated but it suits my small home & lifestyle better & no horrible sump smell! so I figured worth a go.
I'm still playing, aqua-scaping, learning a routine, but I found U guys & thought what a great help to have so many ppl with expert advice, because trust me, I gonna need it!!!
Thanks in advance for listening to my naive questions
I think, if I've done this right, U will see a pic of my tank (before aqua scape & after) as it is right now, a little cloudy because I've been scaping a little today after reading a thread from U all about it, I've improved the flow now so hopefully no dead spots to build up crap, but I think im starting to feel the groove.
Please feel free to give me any tips, always happy to learn.
Blessed be,
Alanna
P.s. I realised how crap my light is after seeing so many pics on Ur forums so I will be upgrading shortly, hopefully better pics to come
IMG_20200622_154401.jpg
IMG_20200628_143845.jpg
IMG_20200622_154401.jpg
IMG_20200628_143845.jpg

IMG20200628141837.jpg

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Alanna, Welcome to R2R! I think you got the better end of the deal :) Great looking aquascape I love the sabertooth head (perhaps an encrusting coral, like a lepto can coat it oneday. You're well on your way! We can debate sumps smelling later it's not as bad as you think ;)

The best advice I can give you out of the gate is that the best reefers are the one's that go slow and steady... Welcome to the community! Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about your tank!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....

OP
OP
lanna

lanna

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for such a huge welcome, i love the positivity!
I will def look into that lepto for the sabertooth rabbithead thanks for the tips, great gifs & ...well... just wow, Im sooooo looking forward to sharing & learning from U all! In horrible & aggressive times like the whole word is facing now, it is soooooooo nice to find a friendly community
Truly, thank you x

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Glad to have you here as part of this great community!

Clownfish.gif

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome!! I don’t have a pretty picture to insert so if you could just imagine a sea creature doing something people-like with a facial expression that resembles a smile and waving to you in a welcoming way for me, that would be great!

Love the tank!

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!
I'm Alanna, I'm very new to marine & way across the pond from U all in Australia.
So funny story!
My bf left (polite way of saying I booted him out)... And he left me with a huge tank we had put together over 3 mths.
I had no idea what to do, he always did the management & I paid for it & watched it with joy, but to my horror, what a task after he was gone! I decided after much research to transfer to my 4ft tank & go sumpless...I know it's a contentious issue, hotly debated but it suits my small home & lifestyle better & no horrible sump smell! so I figured worth a go.
I'm still playing, aqua-scaping, learning a routine, but I found U guys & thought what a great help to have so many ppl with expert advice, because trust me, I gonna need it!!!
Thanks in advance for listening to my naive questions
I think, if I've done this right, U will see a pic of my tank (before aqua scape & after) as it is right now, a little cloudy because I've been scaping a little today after reading a thread from U all about it, I've improved the flow now so hopefully no dead spots to build up crap, but I think im starting to feel the groove.
Please feel free to give me any tips, always happy to learn.
Blessed be,
Alanna
P.s. I realised how crap my light is after seeing so many pics on Ur forums so I will be upgrading shortly, hopefully better pics to come
IMG_20200622_154401.jpg
IMG_20200628_143845.jpg
IMG_20200622_154401.jpg
IMG_20200628_143845.jpg

IMG20200628141837.jpg
Welcome to R2R and to the salty world work load. Your aquascape looks great. Lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back