Divers Den clams

Wolverine47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a roughly 3 inch Derasa from DD about a year ago and it arrived healthy and is now about 6 inches and still doing great. That is the only clam I have bought from them.

OP
OP
Poriferabob

Poriferabob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is one of my stories... swore of DD, tried them again for a grail clam and of course it died too...
Thanks for sharing this thread. @jda. I almost bought that same clam!!! I had it in my cart and talked myself out of hitting the submit button!!

Reef AquaCult

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a hippopus and derasa from LA direct from ORA that arrived in great condition, opened up fully on first day and never had a problem. In my opinion it would be better to do this than do divers den because the clam goes from its acclimated growing facility direct to your home rather than going to Wisconsin first in a holding bin.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a hippopus and derasa from LA direct from ORA that arrived in great condition, opened up fully on first day and never had a problem. In my opinion it would be better to do this than do divers den because the clam goes from its acclimated growing facility direct to your home rather than going to Wisconsin first in a holding bin.

Every clam I have gotten direct from ORA off the LA site (will say ships from Florida) have been great. Still have a couple derasa and squammy from there.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are not Divers Den/LA clams... those are ORA clams. The ones that go to Wisconsin are the ones that do not seem to do well once they put them in their tanks.

I also ordered a T. Gigas from "their Florida facility" and it is doing fine, but it never made it to the Upper Midwest.

Mopar reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a roughly 3 inch Derasa from DD about a year ago and it arrived healthy and is now about 6 inches and still doing great. That is the only clam I have bought from them.

This is where I'm at as well. Picked one up in June and it had slight white colored rimmed growth. Since then it has almost doubled in size. I haven't had any issues at all and my other clam (squamosa) is growing as well with no.negqtive side effects since dropping in my DD clam.

20190810_160820.jpg

Back