OP
jda

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like these are all gone. I am very interested to see if they add more today.

The last 4 orders of clams that I got from DD were either dead in the bag or died within 48 hours. I started a thread on this and I was not the only one. This was within the past 18 months, or so... before that, I had awesome clams from them.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like these are all gone. I am very interested to see if they add more today.

The last 4 orders of clams that I got from DD were either dead in the bag or died within 48 hours. I started a thread on this and I was not the only one. This was within the past 18 months, or so... before that, I had awesome clams from them.

This is a recent trend we've seen with livestock from Liveaquaria. Maybe it's a coincidence that quality started slipping right after they were acquired by a certain pet store chain, but it started right around that time.

OP
OP
jda

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They both were $499. I used all of my credit and got the purple and gold one. This will be my absolute last stand with Live Aquaria if a 6.5" Super Hardy clam is dead a few days after I get it. This was a bucket list item for me, so I had to go for it. I was saving the credit for a good Blue Squammy, Brown/Gold Teardrop or a smaller black tang, but this one beat those two out (especially since I already have two Blue Squamosas).

Ningaloo is genetically identical to T. Noae. These are VERY hardy and easy to keep clams once they are over three inches. There is no reason that this clam should not thrive for a long time to come. If this one dies quickly, then this is on them.

I am going to be checking today to see if they list more... I still have a bit more credit.

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was nervous for you when I saw that price and you said you had issues with them in the past

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back