Divers Den Mariculture

shanedag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at some mariculture pieces on Divers Den. I'm drawn to several pieces that are already covering rock:

As an example: https://www.liveaquaria.com/divers-den/product/559240/instant-reef-combo-rock-indonesia

Question is, how safe are these? So far, I've only done frags that are not mariculture and of course dip. Seems there's substantial risk of pests with these. However, all of my live rock was from TBS so is are these Divers Den pieces any riskier?

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'd say medium/mild risk.. those are likely compiled using "dipped" pieces (not pulled out of the ocean like that).. that said.. they can't keep everything off. most of those are also types of softies I haven't seen too many predators of...

now on a completely off topic.. ouch that is not cheap.

OP
OP
shanedag

shanedag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'd say medium/mild risk.. those are likely compiled using "dipped" pieces (not pulled out of the ocean like that).. that said.. they can't keep everything off. most of those are also types of softies I haven't seen too many predators of...

now on a completely off topic.. ouch that is not cheap.
Thank you, and thank you on the comment about the price. I was thinking they were decent prices, but maybe I'll hold off for now.

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This issue I've had with Diver's Den is the corals seem to live just long enough to be outside of the guarantee time frame and then they nose dive.

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta say I was floored looking at that price 400 dollars!? All the corals on that rock are fast growing (never had that exact zoa mabey not that one) wouldn't take long to grow that out yourself. Would be sorta interesting to buy one just to see which coral wins.

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, and thank you on the comment about the price. I was thinking they were decent prices, but maybe I'll hold off for now.
the GSP is very pretty, but basically a weed.. if not careful it will overrun everything in your tank. charging more than $5-10 is unfortunate (though not uncommon these days).

definitely shop around. if you have a good LFS try them as well.. there are a lot of online retailers and pricing varies greatly (even within the same one).. and liveaquaria / divers den isn't bad.. i have bought plenty of stuff there (but you NEED to check pricing)...

Robertellis30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t order anything from liveaquaria. Terrible company to support. Even worse customer service.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 80 87.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back