Diver's Den shipping

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received a Diver's Den order that I fortunately had held at the local hub rather than delivered toy house. It was packed well (as usual) but zero heat packs. Not sure what the temps were in Wisconsin yesterday and today but it was 47 degrees here this morning. Water temp in the bags was 69 degrees! If it had been on the truck a couple of hours it would have been much lower.

Not surprisingly all the fish were very lethargic. Since they are wrasses it's kind of hard to tell how bad of shape they are in just yet.

I've never had this happen before with DD but I am going to let them know about it.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@saltyhog , That’s unusual for DD for sure. I’m sure you know to float them for a while to normalize the temps.

Like you, I go pick mine up from the hub. I get them at 10:00 vs truck delivery at 4-6 pm.

I hope all goes well for your new additions.

Which wrasses did you get?

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@saltyhog , That’s unusual for DD for sure. I’m sure you know to float them for a while to normalize the temps.

Like you, I go pick mine up from the hub. I get them at 10:00 vs truck delivery at 4-6 pm.

I hope all goes well for your new additions.

Which wrasses did you get?

Yes, and a little longer than it normally takes!

P. angulatus, P. lineopunctatus and C. isoscoles (my old one jumped:()

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent an email to LA and got this response today. As I told them, I understand it's a judgement call and they do this every day.

"
Thank you for your recent LiveAquaria order. We appreciate you notifying us of the condition you received the specimens in. Please keep us posted during your warranty on their health.

In regards to packing: Each morning, before any orders are packed, a designated person will look over the weather for that day, night, and the next day. Depending on the weather in each state, there will be ice packs, heat packs, or in some cases, nothing in the package. We are very confident with the procedures we have in place."

The fish are looking better. The fairy and the linespot flasher ate. The royal flasher is still lying on the bottom with stress coloration.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent an email to LA and got this response today. As I told them, I understand it's a judgement call and they do this every day.

"
Thank you for your recent LiveAquaria order. We appreciate you notifying us of the condition you received the specimens in. Please keep us posted during your warranty on their health.

In regards to packing: Each morning, before any orders are packed, a designated person will look over the weather for that day, night, and the next day. Depending on the weather in each state, there will be ice packs, heat packs, or in some cases, nothing in the package. We are very confident with the procedures we have in place."

The fish are looking better. The fairy and the linespot flasher ate. The royal flasher is still lying on the bottom with stress coloration.

I hope they all pull thru for you.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.5%
Back