Divided Leopard Wrasses Fighting at Dusk

>>klong<<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of young divided leopard wrasses that seem to be doing well. I’ve had them for about two months. They hunt pods side by side all day. When the lights start to dim though, the larger chases the smaller all over the place. Wrasse 1 will actually seek out Wrasse 2 to chase her. But theres none of that during the rest of the day.

Should I be concerned? Is this normal behavior? The tank is a Reefer 350 - ~75 gal.

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of young divided leopard wrasses that seem to be doing well. I’ve had them for about two months. They hunt pods side by side all day. When the lights start to dim though, the larger chases the smaller all over the place. Wrasse 1 will actually seek out Wrasse 2 to chase her. But theres none of that during the rest of the day.

Should I be concerned? Is this normal behavior? The tank is a Reefer 350 - ~75 gal.
Any fin damage? This behavior is pretty common with Wrasses as lights begin to dim or turn blue in my experience. My fairy wrasses do it occasionally, but they don’t seem too distressed and no damage occurring. Just a completely blind hypothesis, but I think it could be a biological thing when it is the time of day where they would potentially spawn in the wild? They get feisty and a little territorial at that time.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back