Diving The World's 80g Acro Wonderland!

Justin_Casper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question: After reading all thirty plus pages of this thread, I have one question about lighting. Your tank is beautiful. You started with Radion Gen 3s. Then moved to t5, but you stated multiple times that hybrid wasn’t really an option at the time you switched. You also stated in the first post that you think it was one of the best things you did for the tank.

My tank is fairly similar to yours minus the full beautiful colonies and no sump. Using a Tunze Comline Skimmer in tank instead. Only dose CarboCalcium and Kalk, and OCCASIONALLY Ill use Acropower. Media is Phosguard and ROX Carbon. Only use the Phosguard to polish the water really. No floss in the filter, use it to run water through the media.

Right now I have Radion XR30 Gen 2s, and am looking to revamp the lighting. If you were to do your lighting again with everything available now, what would you go with?

Last edited:
OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question: After reading all thirty plus pages of this thread, I have one question about lighting. Your tank is beautiful. You started with Radion Gen 3s. Then moved to t5, but you stated multiple times that hybrid wasn’t really an option at the time you switched. You also stated in the first post that you think it was one of the best things you did for the tank.

My tank is fairly similar to yours minus the full beautiful colonies and no sump. Using a Tunze Comline Skimmer in tank instead. Only dose CarboCalcium and Kalk, and OCCASIONALLY Ill use Acropower. Media is Phosguard and ROX Carbon. Only use the Phosguard to polish the water really. No floss in the filter, use it to run water through the media.

Right now I have Radion XR30 Gen 2s, and am looking to revamp the lighting. If you were to do your lighting again with everything available now, what would you go with?

Good question. I'd probably go with a hybrid fixture with two Radion Gen 4 XR30s and 4 T5s (probably 4 Blue+). I'd use the Radions to balance the light so it doesn't look so blue. As for the hybrid fixture itself, perhaps Aquatic Life although I've read where people had issues replacing the T5 bulbs. I really liked the Giesemann hybrid, but it looks like they discontinued it.

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RMF Acid Trip Milli

308.JPG

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always appreciate the behind the scenes images! Looks like you have very efficiently made use of all your cabinet space.

Thanks, it took a lot of planning to shoe horn it all under the stand. The tank is in our family room and the wifey didn’t want “ugly” tank stuff sticking out anywhere. I had to hide it all. So far so good!

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the orange-yellow mini colony on the rack?

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top left is a monster frag of RRU Pink Floyd. Bottom left is a mini colony of Walt Disney that I frag off instead of my mother colony.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back