Diy ACAN protector

  • Thread starter Thread starter Yates273
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2018
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
1,197
Location
NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after losing a huge ACAN colony to hungry fish I decided to protect my 3 remaining acans from becoming food.
this is one of my small ACAN protectors. I am in the process of making 2 larger ones for my larger colonies. I currently have those house under some egg craft to keep them safe. I hate to get rid of my acans since they are doing so well after getting beat up by a few fish. Whatcha think anyone have any other ideas? Plenty of holes drilled for flow. I’ve seen acrylic boxes that look nice but are very pricey. These are tops of drink bottles.

F170EB4D-A401-4B93-9D51-E15B9B44697C.jpeg 1DCBF4E7-DE58-4C6D-9146-B5486C491322.jpeg
 
Haha, my midnight angelfish would be off plotting how to get around that if I introduced it!
Yeah my Flame angel took a liking to the acans. Im def. not getting rid of him. I want both.
I weighed them down with concrete. Not worried about fish knocking them over since they are buried a little in the sand and my fish aren’t too big. I’m sure larger fish that really want to get to them would be able too.
 
Looks good !
I use the front grill off of a spare powerhead and put that on top of whatever. (depends on size)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new