DIY Acrylic Fuge. Mail Order AAAarrghgh!

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys I was going to do a DIY thread in relation to this one
http://reef2reef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10492
but the pieces came in today miss cut. The filter media drawer is too big and will not even fit with in the fug box. I am so annoyed. I also asked for custom sizing, which I was told would not be a problem for a minor $10 up charge. And that all baffles would be perportionate to my new deminsions. They are not, did I mention how annoyed I am yet?
I emailed the guy twice now and still no response?
Sorry guys, guess we'll have to wait on this one for a few.
That is unless I cut things my self? All I need is a straight edge a sharp razor and a table right?? Score it, then snap it????

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How thick is the acrylic? Once it reaches 1/4" (which it may have even in baffles) it can be pretty hard to cut by scoring. The best way is to use a table saw with an extremely fine toothed (i.e. >80 teeth) blade. Most large hardware stores sell acrylic scoring tools that work really well, and should have an appropriate blade too. If you can score it clamp the piece and the straight edge down, score many times, and snap. It's very similar to drywall that way. It works best if you score half way through.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That stinks man and I was looking forward to this thread.

OP
OP
ReeferRob

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am still waiting for the reply email, so here are few pics of what I have to work with.
520088.jpg

DIYPIECES.jpg

520089.jpg

520090.jpg

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 88 41.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 106 50.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.3%
Back