OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tencor means well but their lids, whether they know it or not, are more for freshwater applications. Less water flow and more suited for CO2 supplied tanks. They would be a disaster on a reef tank. Or fish holding tanks.
Yes but I’m sure if they work with polycarbonate they can figure it out.

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly. That’s a big lid and you have no eurobracing to divide it into smaller lids.

150 Diy sounds good to me

I just spent 85$ to get 2 custom made lids for my 75g. I’d send you a link to the store I used but they dont have an option for a tank that large
That's exactly what I am looking for, can you PM me the Link?

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When I bought it late December it was 85 + tax. Now it appears it’s 95$

Customizations are free. Feel free to tell them if you want to use my design for feed holes and air holes. Or they will customize however you wish

make sure to use drop down to pick 75g when ordering

C295339D-D84D-475F-B013-AC9CC37943D3.jpeg 74F9F2F0-71FE-40E2-843C-A952D44F77A5.jpeg

Last edited:

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of our lids include the shipping to the lower 48 states, where the competitors add that at the end. We currently use the thickest polycarbonate (0.375") compared. We also have the fastest lead times around, and actually complete in that time. You can use code R2R10 for 10% off any new order.
thanks for this I am also looking for another lid.

One other reason I like the split lid is most of the time you only need to get into one end or the other. Only having to move 1/2 of the top. Usually just lift and slide over the other one.
One of the reasons I moved on from my poly carbonate ( expensive) lid.
I 2nd this. I got a clear view for my 650P while it was an amazing lid I wished it was in two pieces.
on big tanks if you have to remove a big lids to do maintenance it a PIPTA and fish can jump.

I feel anteing over 3' should be split in 2 .

OP: I have made DIY lids in the past and as other have said they look good for about a doy or 3 but then twist and look like crap.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of our lids include the shipping to the lower 48 states, where the competitors add that at the end. We currently use the thickest polycarbonate (0.375") compared. We also have the fastest lead times around, and actually complete in that time. You can use code R2R10 for 10% off any new order.
Kraken lids are the best.

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for this I am also looking for another lid.

I 2nd this. I got a clear view for my 650P while it was an amazing lid I wished it was in two pieces.
on big tanks if you have to remove a big lids to do maintenance it a PIPTA and fish can jump.

I feel anteing over 3' should be split in 2 .

OP: I have made DIY lids in the past and as other have said they look good for about a doy or 3 but then twist and look like crap.
Glad it helped. Yes have made my mind to order a kraken just debating in ordering with cutouts for possible future light change or just keep it nice and sleek and worry about it in the future if i change lights.
Kraken lids are the best.
Thanks. I’ll report back here for everyone once I get my lid

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finally placed my order. Quite pricey but I’ll report back soon once I receive and will show you guys the pics. Now I just gotta hang my lights before it arrives.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back