DIY Alkatronic reagent

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm confused, maybe someone can clarify. I thought the 0.1N did NOT need to be diluted. Can someone verify this for me?

Bump!!

Is it ready to use, or do you mix it, 1 part to 4 parts of RO/DI?

Last edited:

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
back in stock now

Thanks!!

One 4L jug is on the way.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Anchor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!!

One 4L jug is on the way.

Capture.JPG
Hmmm.. You must use a different Amazon than I do. I just did an Amazon search and no sulfuric could be found of any kind and its less than 8 hours since you posted this. Best I can find is a 1 liter 0.1 n hydrochloric.. You had to have gotten the only bottle...

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm.. You must use a different Amazon than I do. I just did an Amazon search and no sulfuric could be found of any kind and its less than 8 hours since you posted this. Best I can find is a 1 liter 0.1 n hydrochloric.. You had to have gotten the only bottle...

I see lots of them in the USA.

For example:

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

13 jugs still left / but wonder if each state in the US has different laws???

Edit:
It still shows up for a St Paul zip code

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

erky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there is an easier way to make reagent, that is this HCL. Way cheaper but to each their own. I am not sure if the exact formula has been posted here or not. The one i was messing with was a bit off like .3 dkh different than the .1N solution.

Orly20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys

I hope you can help!
I’ve made batch of reagent but I goofed in the mixing and it’s concentration is a bit different. I am using this solution method below:

The 0.1N sulfuric acid from Amazon, throw a 1L and 250ML volumetric flask into your cart as well!

my readings were coming in at 8.08 from the previous batch and my Hanna was reading 7.6 which is close enough for me. It is now measuring high levels like 11.2 with the new mix goofed batch.
I wouldn’t like to toss the mixture out but can I add more RO or do I need to add more Sulfuric Acid to bring the numbers down closer to where I want them????

I appreciate your time and help
Thank you

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys

I hope you can help!
I’ve made batch of reagent but I goofed in the mixing and it’s concentration is a bit different. I am using this solution method below:

The 0.1N sulfuric acid from Amazon, throw a 1L and 250ML volumetric flask into your cart as well!

my readings were coming in at 8.08 from the previous batch and my Hanna was reading 7.6 which is close enough for me. It is now measuring high levels like 11.2 with the new mix goofed batch.
I wouldn’t like to toss the mixture out but can I add more RO or do I need to add more Sulfuric Acid to bring the numbers down closer to where I want them????

I appreciate your time and help
Thank you
I've done this many times in my "shade tree" attempt to reverse engineer and find a cheaper acid.
Based on your test result, your mix of reagent seems to be too diluted and would need more acid.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back