BriDroid
I glue animals to rocks.
View BadgesPartner Member 2026
Partner Member 2027
R2R App User
DFWMAS Member
My Tank Thread
My Aquarium Showcase
- Joined
- Aug 2, 2024
- Messages
- 1,695
- Reaction score
- 2,299
- Location
- Prosper, TX
- What state or country do you live in
- Texas
I dose ammonium bicarbonate a trisodium phosphate in my nano. I have it packed full of corals, all still frags, but it still uses about 0.3dKH a day, supplemented with AFR. I only have one Springeri damsel, so over feeding really isn't an option for me. That is why I dose ammonium and phosphate. My N stays under 5ppm and my P stays under 0.1ppm. If I don't dose, they will both drop to 0ppm. It's cheap and easy to dose and everyone in the tank is happy, corals, inverts and damsel.I have not read through all 68 pages of this post, so I apologize if I am doubling up with my question. The topic has largely been the intent of dosing to benefit coral growth/health. My question is based more on using this method to stabilize nitrate deficient numbers in a relatively new (1yr old) tank with more fish than a limited number of corals. I have tried all the usual's trying to increase nitrate with no avail, just spikes PO4. So just looking into other possible options. The goal is obviously to get stable parameters to stock up a healthy mixed reef.
I just do not want cause more problems trying to solve one problem and end up with a tank full of dead fish.
