DIY Battery back up for maxspect gyre

tundraguy1106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I’m currently trying to gather parts to build my own battery backup. This will be to power my ecotech Vectra or my dual maxspect gyre pumps. Unfortunately I do not know what size barrel connectors are used for each of them. I just received the Vectra pump booster In the mail. I also tried reaching out to coralvue to see if they’d give me the info on the barrel connector size for the gyre power supply. Unfortunately he just tried to sell me an icecap battery back up instead!!! Any information or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these measurements were taken for the gyre, but if the vectra looks close it should be the same size,
manufactures don't normally like to use a bunch of different connector sizes if they don't have to. if you have calipers. you can measure the outside diameter (o.d.) and the inside (i.d.) divide by 25.4 to convert to metric. here is a small list of common sizes.
10.jpg

OP
OP
T

tundraguy1106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading this post i decided to purchase the 2.1mm I.D. - 5.5mm O.D. for a DIY battery backup for the Vectra. These are in fact NOT the right size barrel connectors. the connectors for the regular input and the battery back up ports are quite different. That connector size doesn't even work for the regular power supply input.... anyone else have more accurate information on these connectors as my project is currently delayed till i get the right connector. Thanks

OP
OP
T

tundraguy1106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After doing a little more research I found that the proper connector for use with a Vectra pump is a 3.5mm x 1.35mm connector. I found an adapter (on amazon) for use with the 2.1mm - 5.5mm connectors I already have instead of trying to return everything.

Back