DIY CONE SKIMMER FOR NUVO 10

Wall Street Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
147
Location
San Francisco
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

photo.jpg
 
What parts you use?
I was in safeway one day and saw this blood orange soda bottle and was like im gonna make that a skimmer, and then got a clear plastic cup for the bubble plate, had a small jebao pump from a chinese fountain and air pump and wood airstone. I cut off the nozzle on the aqueon vacuum and used half the tube for the collection cup neck, and the collection cup is a detergent measuring cup(never touched detergent though)
 
ohh and a square plastic plate of acrylic on the bottom to hold the pump
 
I was in safeway one day and saw this blood orange soda bottle and was like im gonna make that a skimmer, and then got a clear plastic cup for the bubble plate, had a small jebao pump from a chinese fountain and air pump and wood airstone. I cut off the nozzle on the aqueon vacuum and used half the tube for the collection cup neck, and the collection cup is a detergent measuring cup(never touched detergent though)
You should make a video on how to make it!
 
Very well done. Some times items in stores talk to you and say make me into something useful.:)
Yes pictures of the making of would be nice. I know I have done the same made something and then had to step back ward and make it again because I was in the zone and forgot to record what I did.:)
 
thanks fro the compliments guys! Ill have to throw a video together when i get some free time or when my brother comes up to visit again hes an excellent photographer so ill be able to make a video in HD, the video i posted doesnt give a good sense of the bubble action it produces haha
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new