DIY coral snow

  • Thread starter Thread starter roggy23
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

roggy23

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2018
Messages
536
Reaction score
116
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone have best practices when dosing coral snow? Necessary to turn of pumps if so how long? Including return pump and skimmer?
Tia
 
Last edited:
Anyone of the best practices when dosing coral snow? Necessary to turn if pumps if so how long? Including return pump and skimmer?
Tia
I don't. I keep everything running when I dose.
 
Mix the calcium carbonate
Turn off your sump but leave your power heads on put the snow in and let it circulate for half an hour then turn your sump back on t will take several hours to clear depending on how good your filtering is . I does once a week
Forgot to say blow off your rock before adding the snow
 
Mix the calcium carbonate
Turn off your sump but leave your power heads on put the snow in and let it circulate for half an hour then turn your sump back on t will take several hours to clear depending on how good your filtering is . I does once a week
Forgot to say blow off your rock before adding the snow
This is how I do it also. It is the same info @SunnyX gives.
https://reefsite.com/extreme-water-clarity-made-easy/
 
Mix the calcium carbonate
Turn off your sump but leave your power heads on put the snow in and let it circulate for half an hour then turn your sump back on t will take several hours to clear depending on how good your filtering is . I does once a week
Forgot to say blow off your rock before adding the snow
How many mls do you dose in your tank? What size tank? Thx
I’m mainly doing it to try and starve my Vermetid snail infestation
 
I do 2 teaspoons of Calcium Carbonate in my 70 gallon tank. I don't premix so compared to the SunnyX recipe I'm not positive.
 
How many mls do you dose in your tank? What size tank? Thx
I’m mainly doing it to try and starve my Vermetid snail infestation
I did 1 teaspoon per 50 gallons over time you will find your skimmer hardly has anything too skim because you have removed most of the dirt and detritus with using the calcium carbonate also your water will be super clear
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new