DIY diffusers for LEDs

ceejay2018

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m located in Mississippi. I’m out of town working now and will be for a couple weeks. I have a stack of full sheets for solar panels I was building. I will have to look into getting a sheet cut into pieces and how difficult that is. I will post here when I get some answers. I’m not sure how difficult it would be to ship a full sheet. I purchased them from a guy in Missouri and drove there to get em. I’ll check into it all. Thx

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m located in Mississippi. I’m out of town working now and will be for a couple weeks. I have a stack of full sheets for solar panels I was building. I will have to look into getting a sheet cut into pieces and how difficult that is. I will post here when I get some answers. I’m not sure how difficult it would be to ship a full sheet. I purchased them from a guy in Missouri and drove there to get em. I’ll check into it all. Thx

I'm in North Alabama. If you are sure they aren't tempered, I can cut my own up to 1/4" Just Pm me when you are back in town.

ceejay2018

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in North Alabama. If you are sure they aren't tempered, I can cut my own up to 1/4" Just Pm me when you are back in town.

That’s another thing I’ll have to look into. It’s low iron glass but I really never looked into tempered or not. I just figured I would make a green house or more panels with em one day lol. I will pm when I find out more.

Reesj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used sand blast paper sticker. It was cheap and really effective. Also the Lux drop off was about 10-20% only fro mthe looks of it.
I purchased the Sticker from a Plastic part store.

Patrick Schools

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just posted this on the Fresnel Lens thread. I currently have a Bicube 29 with power compacts. I purchased an Ai Prime HD. My plan is to gut it drill a hole in the hood and set the light on top of the hood. The problem is this will make the light too close to the water for a good beam spread. I plan to place a fresnel lens i recover from an old overhead projector inside of the existing light housing. I also have several diffuser elements from an old computer monitor. Fingers crossed. Hope it works.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump? Anyone using diy diffusers?

Also any truth to the plastic diffusers? I believe Ecotech diffusers are plastic no?

Yodeling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump? Anyone using diy diffusers?

Also any truth to the plastic diffusers? I believe Ecotech diffusers are plastic no?
So imho the biggest problem with adding diffusers to commercial fixtures is that you will end up losing a lot of PAR. Those fixtures have narrow lenses in order to provide as much light as cheaply as possible. Diffusers essentially negate that.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Would frosted acrylic work as a diffuser?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%

Back