DIY Dosing Containers | BRStv Spotlight

chefjpaul

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
We always seem to have empty Patron tequila bottles laying around. They have a heavy base so they never tip over and they hold full 750ml. Drill the cork with a 1/4" bit and you're in business. Now you have a good excuse to buy some more tequila!View attachment 708404 .
Awesome

MURedhawk

View Badges
Reaction score
I had a similar situation last week with the bulk head and acrylic tubing. For me the root cause was not getting a clear break in the rod, so when it was pushed into the bulkhead it seated but didn't create that seal. I had some RODI tubing laying around and used it instead. The mur-lok tubing has worked great so far!

View attachment 708059
I saw in your post that you have Coral Box Doser. I plan on ordering one.
I also see that you used the Mur-Lok connections.

My dosing containers have Mur-Lok 1/4 inch push connects.
(I JUST BOUGHT THE TRIGGER DOSING CONTAINERS FROM BRS YESTERDAY!)

Questions:
Do I need to order 1/4 inch push connect barb stems to go into the dosing containers that have preeixsting Mur-Loks?
Does the airline tubing from Coral Box Doser fit into this? Or do I need certain adaptors?
Did you use RO line from the Mur-Lok Dosing container?
How have you liked the Coral Box Doser?

Thank you so much for helping figure out what I need to order to make this function.

Last edited:

rioreef

View Badges
Reaction score
You will need the stem/barb adapters. The airline tubing will not make a secure connection on its own. I put a slight amount of silicone around the barb and push the hose onto the connector. Then seat the stem securely into the murlok piece for leak free operation.

If you use RO tubing, that can be inserted directly into push connect fitting on the Triggers.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Me too! Although it was embarrassing paying $3.79 for 800mL of water at Whole Foods. I told everyone in line I was making dosing containers so they wouldn’t think I was crazy. It didn’t work.

View attachment 597036
I hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea of color coding the lids.

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
I know this thread is about a year or so old but do you think a container like this would work? I wasn't sure all dosing containers I have seen have the connection at the top but if I could have it at the bottom this would be prefect for me?

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=126092&catid=576

-----

EIDT NEVERMIND looked at the price def can make my own for that cost lol ill stick with the regular 2.5 containers

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
TCK Corals
teffo, contstant temperature & 4 ch controller