DIY Dosing Containers | BRStv Spotlight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We always seem to have empty Patron tequila bottles laying around. They have a heavy base so they never tip over and they hold full 750ml. Drill the cork with a 1/4" bit and you're in business. Now you have a good excuse to buy some more tequila!
Patron.jpeg
Awesome

MURedhawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar situation last week with the bulk head and acrylic tubing. For me the root cause was not getting a clear break in the rod, so when it was pushed into the bulkhead it seated but didn't create that seal. I had some RODI tubing laying around and used it instead. The mur-lok tubing has worked great so far!

CE68524E-4C3E-4048-902D-35C416CD6D13.jpeg

I saw in your post that you have Coral Box Doser. I plan on ordering one.
I also see that you used the Mur-Lok connections.

My dosing containers have Mur-Lok 1/4 inch push connects.
(I JUST BOUGHT THE TRIGGER DOSING CONTAINERS FROM BRS YESTERDAY!)

Questions:
Do I need to order 1/4 inch push connect barb stems to go into the dosing containers that have preeixsting Mur-Loks?
Does the airline tubing from Coral Box Doser fit into this? Or do I need certain adaptors?
Did you use RO line from the Mur-Lok Dosing container?
How have you liked the Coral Box Doser?

Thank you so much for helping figure out what I need to order to make this function.

Last edited:

rioreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need the stem/barb adapters. The airline tubing will not make a secure connection on its own. I put a slight amount of silicone around the barb and push the hose onto the connector. Then seat the stem securely into the murlok piece for leak free operation.

If you use RO tubing, that can be inserted directly into push connect fitting on the Triggers.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Me too! Although it was embarrassing paying $3.79 for 800mL of water at Whole Foods. I told everyone in line I was making dosing containers so they wouldn’t think I was crazy. It didn’t work.

image.jpg
I hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea of color coding the lids.

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this thread is about a year or so old but do you think a container like this would work? I wasn't sure all dosing containers I have seen have the connection at the top but if I could have it at the bottom this would be prefect for me?

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=126092&catid=576

65020p.jpg

-----

EIDT NEVERMIND looked at the price def can make my own for that cost lol ill stick with the regular 2.5 containers

dson78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too! Although it was embarrassing paying $3.79 for 800mL of water at Whole Foods. I told everyone in line I was making dosing containers so they wouldn’t think I was crazy. It didn’t work.

image.jpg
Just wondering the type of clear tubing you are using between the dosing pump and the Voss bottles and where I can get some. Thanks in advance.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're using push connect fittings, I'd highly suggest 1/4" RO tubing. Usually any 1/4" OD tubing will work initially, but if it's softer tubing, you may notice issues with bubbles in the line.

Back