DIY dosing pump, better than Jebao for less than half price.

fr3n0z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, just to put it out if anyone need it. Not myp roject but i made one and is actually pretty impressive.

I had a jebao 3.4 but for a 10g nano it was not enough precise. I found this project ( https://www.joy-reef.com/en/dosing-pump-diy-part-1-hardware/ ) and made a 3 head doser for 30€ with 1*3mm hose and now is super precise.

Is a wifi pump with free web interface that is really well done. In the tutorial there is all the part list needed and it can go from 30€ for a 3 head up (it all depend on the head you buy), i've used kamoer NKP for like 6€ a piece and to me is enough.

Project is actually used a lot in italy and could not find bad review about it so i did it too...

If you do it, remember to tip the designer if you find it usefull.

326367649_1128584791159385_1169975217917318571_n.jpg

joyz76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your support my friend,
I did a post a lot of time ago:

Keep reefing :D

OP
OP
fr3n0z

fr3n0z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your support my friend,
I did a post a lot of time ago:

Keep reefing :D
thanks to you man for your super work and for put it out there for free

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building one of these with 4 heads in a couple weeks.

I planned to follow this guide and interface too.

Now I am definitely pulling the trigger on it.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finally built mine, calibrated it just now to finish off the night, will begin dosing tomorrow.

I know it shouldn't be surprising how acurate it is, but I was super stoked to see it hit all my marks in testing.

What a fun, fairly easy project. I had to buy a solder iron and have never soldered more than a single capacitor at most in the past.

For anyone else, if the electronics seem daunting, give it a shot.

Now I have a ton of spare chips because they are all sold in packs, shockingly cheap things.

Huge thankyou to @joyz76

Now I can stop pouring in a ton of stuff all at once.

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is what I like to call a hybrid nano. It’s a 29 x 29 x 25 cube, 90 gallons. It certainly has the properties of a nano and a bigger tank at the same time. I’m going to see if I can scale this up to work for my system and if it would give a price advantage scaled up. Cool project. Thanks for sharing it with us.

OP
OP
fr3n0z

fr3n0z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is what I like to call a hybrid nano. It’s a 29 x 29 x 25 cube, 90 gallons. It certainly has the properties of a nano and a bigger tank at the same time. I’m going to see if I can scale this up to work for my system and if it would give a price advantage scaled up. Cool project. Thanks for sharing it with us.
it all depend on the head you buy. Also the build price it is dictated by the head. The base hardware it cost not even 10bucks, but the head the can range from 20 for 3head to 250 for 3 head. You can add as many head you want with as much flow you want. It's very adaptable

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the IC chip that will allow for more pumps without the extra chips.

I started with 3 pumps, but plan to expand to 6 eventually.

The cost of upgrading wouls only be the cost of the pumps themselves, i only need to make 2 connections to the chips already there, making it a painless upgrade.

The best part about this diy pump is, I don't have to worry about it breaking, i have backup parts for every single components. The only reason I didn't have a dosing pump already is I kept getting scared away by reviews of breakdowns where waranty was a massive pain, or they were totally out of luck and had to buy a new unit. Now, this is an issue I will never have to worry about.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back