DIY fake rock shelf

  • Thread starter Thread starter rhdoug
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Don't know how I missed this.... Very nice man looks clean and simple... Gotta love the diy;) I made one long ago out
Of pond foam but it didn't do well since it wanted to float lol...
 
Thanks! I considered using foam for the basic shape, then covering that with epoxy to keep the weight down. It was heavier than I expected, and I ended up using 2 magnets because of that. I was too impatient to get the foam and try it out, but I don't see why it wouldn't work, unless the epoxy won't stick to it. I doubt it would be an issue.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new