DIY frag Pedestals

Davster007

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Messages
177
Reaction score
81
Location
Clarksville , TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Little project that i been using thought i would share.
I used some CaribSea Life Rock Branch Rock. They usually come in 3 branch design so you can get at lest two out of each piece. Then i glue and epoxy 3 inch frag plugs on the tops and base. I break the pieces so depending how they break you get single pedestals or double or triple.
20180105_222801.jpg
20180105_222834.jpg
20180105_224111.jpg
20180105_224413.jpg
 
Very cool idea!

Those turned out great!
 
You could make a really cool euphyllia tree out of one of those or get 1 that reaches out a little further and make a really cool actopora tree. I like it :D
 
Great idea. Wonder if it would work gluing them to the back wall of a DT so they would be protruding out into the tank. Hmm. . . .
 
You could coat the PVC pipe with a thin smear of superglue and sprinkle with sand, coral bits, etc. so it would blend in a bit better and quicker encrusting would occur.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new