DIY HMS mount

reefinnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to create an HMS type mount for my Noopsyche lights. Instead of paying a premium for the AI extrusion, does anyone know if that is a proprietary profile or if you can get it elsewhere?

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to create an HMS type mount for my Noopsyche lights. Instead of paying a premium for the AI extrusion, does anyone know if that is a proprietary profile or if you can get it elsewhere?
I’ve worked on a lot of different profiles of aluminum, and I haven’t seen that profile on anything else. I don’t think it’s proprietary but still just as difficult to find in my experience.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent about an hour looking and found one similar on 80/20 but had two slots on bottom and no side slots.
I think a lot of the cut outs coincide with the hardware but you could make a jig for the hardware you choose. It won’t be exact but still structured and functional

OP
OP
reefinnewb

reefinnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spent a little bit of time drawing my own custom mount up in fusion 360. Think I have it the way I want it. going to by some extrusion and print the mount. See how it works.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back