Diy Iron question for Randy

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spare time
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
You're welcome.

Let us know how it turns out. :)
Oh, I found those formulas:

Na3C6H5O7*2H2O + FeSO4*7H2O = C6H5FeNaO7 + Na2SO4 + 9 H2O

This forms Iron(II) sodium citrate and ratio is still 1:1.

Or this:

2 (Na3C6H5O7*2H2O) + FeSO4*7H2O = C12H10FeNa4O14 + Na2SO4 + 11 H2O

This forms Sodium Iron(III) Citrate and follows your 2:1 ratio. May be this is the good one? And it is a drug to treat iron deficiency.

Or this one:

2 (Na3C6H5O7*2H2O) + 3 (FeSO4*7H2O) = C12H10Fe3O14 + 3 (Na2SO4) + 25 H2O

This forms Iron(II) citrate but the ratio is 2:3

I'm totally lost, I have no idea

Which of those final molecules will form?

Will any of those do the job? I read that there are many chelates that precipitate at our tanks pH, above neutral pH.

I'm sorry, there is too much information on internet

Thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new