DIY Magnetic Frag Rock

Mflores888

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 9, 2020
Messages
408
Reaction score
553
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I was wondering if anyone had some advice on how to do a magnetic frag rock to put on the back of a tank. I am looking for what magnets you use, glue/cement, or another way to make it stick. I've seen a couple finished projects but never the step by step process. If anyone has any input I would appreciate it.
 
Somebody suggested using the holders from broken jebao wavemakers and attach to egg crate.
 
Neodymium are the ones to use, you will have to encapsulate them with epoxy or something similar fully though as salt water corrodes them
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new