DIY Nano tank ATO reservoir

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

Finally decided to set up ATOs for all my nano tanks (trying different ones even but that's for another thread). In any case, after a lot of searching, I finally found what I think is a great low cost and decent looking option, courtesy of Target.

Basically, they sell a 5.8 quart food storage container made by OXO. This translates to about 1.45 gallons.

Drill two holes with a 3/8" bit through the top for the water line and pump cord, and BAM!

What I like about the container is that it has a locking lid, looks fairly decent, and small footprint. Plus, can't beat $19.

For this particular setup, I'm hooking in a Smart ATO micro. Will be doing similar with the Ice Cap and Hydrofill ATOs, I got.

20180116_154323.jpg

20180116_154326.jpg

20180116_155505.jpg

20180116_160234.jpg

a49panhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the 2 quart ones that r tall for spaghetti for my alkalinity magnesium and calcium reservoirs.

OP
OP
NanoCrazed

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You review them in another thread????

Links???
You mean the ATOs? If so, then not yet... I just installed the Smart ATO, will be installing the Hydrofill Ti ATO and airlift pump, and the Ice Cap next. Will put a comparison review together when I get around to it in hopes that it will help others. Drove myself stupid trying to research ATOs since everyone has diff opinions so I just figured I would buy a few to try. I also have an Ultralife Float Switch that I picked up as well... not sure if I will wind up using it though.

So far, the Smart ATO is super easy to install... shove it into the overflow area of a Fluval Evo 5G. Feel free to as any questions in the mean time.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back